Table of Contents
Lousy internet connection or unstable connectivity can be the most irritating thing for gamers. We all know how crucially important it is to have a stable internet connection with strong connectivity to play the games without package loss and low pings smoothly. But what if I say your internet connection is not the problem? If you have connected your PC through the direct LAN cable and are still facing connectivity problems, it is undoubtedly your internet problem. But if you are connected through a WiFi connection, then there might be something else fishy.
That is why it is vital to get the best router for gaming to access stable and robust connectivity. Many best wireless router for home tend to offer the best connectivity, but until or unless that have gaming-specific features, you might not get the results you want!
Top 10 Best WiFi Routers for Gaming in 2021
Here are some of the greatest and best routers for gaming that you can get your hands on right now and enhance your games’ performance!
Tenda AC10U is a brilliant looking WiFi router that arrives with unbelievable features and premium performance. This WiFi router is equipped with Tenda’s lighting speed 1200 Mbps WiFi technology to offer up to 300 Mbps at 2.4GHz and 867 Mbps at 5 GHz. So if you have a high-speed internet connection, then this router with best range can be an excellent fit for you.
Aside from that, it comes with four Omni-directional antennas that ensure that the users always get flawless connectivity. It can send the signals to over 2000 square feet without issues so that you can use your internet connection wherever you are in the house. There are also four LAN ports available at the back, which you can use to connect to your computer or other devices.
- Stream in 4K on multiple devices and get lightning-quick connections by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi-fi technology (300mbps@2. 4GHz +867Mbps@5GHz)
- Link up to 30 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
- 4 omni-directional antennas with beamforming and Mu-Mimo technology, deliver high-speed internet throughout your home and provide seamless coverage for up to 2000 Sq. ft
- Manage your network from anywhere with the fun-to-use Tenda Wi-fi app and access helpful tools like our parent-friendly Wi-Fi timeout feature.Power Input: 100-240V—50/60Hz
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports offer fast and secure wired-connections when you need them
The best thing is, you can stream videos on 4k, play games, and download anything simultaneously without any issues with this WiFi router if your internet connection is strong enough.
- 1200 Mbps connection
- 5/2.4 GHz available
- Four antennas
- Four LAN ports
- WPA/WPA2 PSK Mixed security
- Fully compatible
- Can support up to 30 wireless devices at a time
- Hard configuration
- Complicated controls
Previously, we discussed a router of Tenda, but this time, TP-Link AC1750 offered a great competition to it. The TP-Link AC1750 comes with high-speed connectivity of 1750 Mbps, as the name suggests. If we talk about the bands’ distribution, you will get 4500 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. It is relatively higher than the one we discussed before.
Not only that, but this router comes with three antennas to offer the best range to the gamers. You can now stream or download without any connectivity issues with a fast and reliable connection. The best thing is, you can also connect the assistants like Google or Alexa with it without any problems.
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
There are also 4 LAN ports available at the back along with the USB port so that you can share the media with ease. The LAN ports can be used to connect to your gaming PC or other devices without any issues. Well, if you want to integrate a direct WiFi internet card into your gaming PC, then you can check out these premium PCIe WiFi cards for gaming to solve your problems.
- Dual bands available (5 and 2.4 GHz)
- High speed of 1750 Mbps
- Omnidirectional antennas
- Gigabit LAN ports available
- USB Supported
- Great security features to prevent hacking
- Easy-to-set up
- No buffering and streaming issues
- Only three antennas available despite the price
- It might be complicated to pair with old systems
I can seriously bet that you would not have seen a router like this. Not only its features, but the design, shape, and lights integrated are that awesome that any gamer would love to pick it up. But, you can get a good motherboard for the price of this router so that you know. This beast comes with the newest WiFi generation that is WiFi 6 and offers 5400 Mbps connectivity to the users. I think there are very few routers available on the internet that provide that much speed.
If we talk about this router’s range, it has four antennas to cover up your whole big house without a single disconnection. Not only that, but Asus has also integrated a mode for gamers that further reduces the lag and connectivity issues to ease up things for them.
- New-generation WiFi 6 router: Ultrafast speeds up to 5400 Mbps with the latest WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 160MHz channels; Works seamlessly with all your existing WiFi devices
- Mobile Game Mode: Minimize lag and latency for mobile gaming with just a tap on the ASUS Router app
- Dedicated gaming port: 1 of the 4 LAN ports automatically prioritizes any wired device connected to it
- Connect more devices: WiFi 6 router provides up to 4x greater network capacity with WiFi range increased by 80%
- Unmatched coverage: ASUS AiMesh Technology allows you to create a flexible, seamless whole home mesh network with AiMesh-competible routers
There are many wireless types available so that your devices can be connected with any of them quickly. And now the thing that pleases most of the gamers around the globe, RGB! Yes, this best router for gaming and multiple devices is integrated with Asus Aura RGB lighting, enhancing its looks even more.
- Up to 5400 Mbps speed
- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands
- RGB integrated
- Four antennas
- Different ports available
- Best security
- Minimize lag
- Stable connections
- Support many devices at a time
- Hard configurations
- A low value for the budget
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 is the best value for its price router that offers excellent price value features. This WiFi router comes with a tremendous overall speed of 1750 Mbps to provide the users with the best experience. This best high speed router also supports the dual bands, including the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Users will get 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band.
The router also comes with three antennas with the best directional distribution so that you can get the signals from all over your place. There are also 4 LAN ports available in this router, which can connect various devices along with your PC.
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
But why connect your PC with the LAN port when getting this WiFi beast, right? You can easily connect it with the wireless tech and enjoy your games without any lag. You can also check out these great wireless gaming headsets so that you can have a complete set of wireless peripherals.
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- 1700 Mbps connection
- Three high-range antennas
- Support of up to 25 devices
- Lag-free connection
- WPA2 wireless tech-supported
- USB Supported
- Four LAN ports provided
- Great design
- We should at least have four antennas in this budget
- Requires latest OS and specs to work properly
Here we are again with yet another gaming WiFi router of Asus. But this time, Asus is offering speeds up to 2900 Mbps that can be transmitted through two different bands. Users can go either for the 2.5 GHz band or the 5 GHz band.
This router is specifically designed to offer a lag-free experience to the users to play their games efficiently. Well, you can also get one of these most significant MOBA mice to make your gaming skills better, along with the internet connection. Aside from that, the router comes with three antennas to get the signals from far away without any hassles.
- Dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps
- 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Designed for lag-free online gaming and flawless 4K UHD streaming with Waist game Accelerator and adaptive Qu's
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices
- Manage your network with the ASUS router app – setup your network, manage usage and parental controls, even get instant notifications about important network-based events. Connected devices must be 802. 11 ac-compatible for best results. Ac input: 110v240v(5060hz)
The security of this budget dual-band WiFi router for gaming is also pretty good as you can implement different protocols, firewalls, and security types to ensure full protection. Asus has also integrated some LAN ports on the back to connect other devices to it. The best thing is, you can connect many devices simultaneously with it, and there will be no effect on your connection.
- 2900 Mbps speed
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Three antennas
- 1.8 GHz processor
- Flawless connection
- Stable connection
- Support of much simultaneous connection
- LAN ports available
- Lag-free experience
- Speed could be increased for the 5 GHz band in this budget
- Relatively lower range
If you are actually looking forward to getting your hands on something unique for your gaming PC, then TP-Link AX6000 can help you out. This router has the shape of a UFO, and the sole reason behind it is the antennas. This best router for high-speed internet comes with eight antennas, yes, you read that right, eight antennas! This means that it is unquestionably the best router for speed and range and can cover a whole lot of space without any problems.
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- High Speed Wi-Fi 6 Router: AX6000 Dual Band Wi-Fi speed boosted by 1024QAM deliver wireless speed up to 5952 Mbps: 4804 Mbps (5GHz) and 1148 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Highly efficient: OFDMA increases average throughput by 4x in high density scenarios, compared with an 802.11ac standard wireless internet router; More devices can use Wi-Fi at the same time
- Long Range Wi-Fi Coverage: 8 high-gain external antennas deliver a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout your home. BSS color technology ensure smooth and stable connections by eliminate signal interference probably from your neighbors, while beamforming and range boost deliver stronger and far-reaching network
- Powerful Processing: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU and 2 co-processors eradicate latency and deliver stable Performance
If we talk about the speeds, it is equipped with dual-band 6000 Mbps speed. For the 2.4 GHz band, the users will get 1148 Mbps, and for the 5 GHz band, users will be able to get the rate of 4804 Mbps, which is massively high. You can enjoy your games and streams without any disconnections or lags. It can exceptionally be an excellent fit for your gaming PC because of its premium specs. If you still haven’t built your dream gaming PC, check out this ultimate gaming PC buying guide to understand how it is done!
The router also has powerful processing speed as it is integrated with a quad-core processor to process everything in seconds. Not only that, there are WAN, LAN, and USB ports available so that you can connect your modem with anything you want.
- Total of 5952 Mbps speed
- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz bands available
- Eight antennas
- WiFi 6
- Long coverage
- Flawless connection
- Supports many devices at a time
- Different ports available
- Advanced security
- Boosted performance
- Gaming design
- Relatively less amount of ports
- Older devices connectivity issues
We previously discussed a UFO looking router, and here we are again with a similar one, but this time, the brand is Asus! Asus Tri-Band gaming router is one of the very few routers that offer three bands to its users. The 5 GHz comes with the dual-band integration, and the 2.4 GHz comes with the single band. Asus has also done a tremendously good job by integrating a quad-core processor to fasten up the things.
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
If we talk about the router’s primary and actual highlights, which are the antennas, this router has got eight! You can unquestionably receive the signals from far away without a single distraction or disconnection, and that is why it is the best long range wifi router. You can also take a look at these best wireless gaming keyboards if you want to enjoy a wireless connection and gaming experience altogether. One great thing about this gaming router is that it comes with the VPN Fusion. It is a feature introduced by Asus to enable the VPN directly from the router to protect the gamers and the users’ identity.
It is undoubtedly the best router for multiple devices because of its high speed and many antennas available. Not only that, but Asus has also offered a gaming-specific dashboard to the gamers where they can access the features like Game Boost, VPN Fusion, and Game IPS.
- Tri-Bands available
- Speeds up to 5334 Mbps
- 8 Antennas
- VPN Included
- High security
- Quad-Core processor
- Multiple devices supported
- USB Ports included
- LAN Ports available
- Gaming design
- Unique look
- Only 2 USB Ports open as per seeing the price and specs
- Complicated features
Tenda just keeps releasing different variations and models for the gaming routers, and the thing is, they all are pretty amazing. This Tenda AC1200 is the best dual-band router for gaming as it is offering 1200 Mbps of speeds. Users are provided with 300 Mbps speed on the 2.4 GHz band and 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. Now you can enjoy your streams and gamers without any buffering, lag, or errors.
- Get lightning quick connections for all your wireless devices by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi fi technology (300mbps at 2. 4GHz plus 867Mbps at 5GHz)
- Link up to 20 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
- 4 omni directional antennas with beamforming and Mu Mimo technology, deliver high speed internet throughout your home and provide seamless coverage for up to 2000 Sq. ft.Output:DC 9V1A
- Manage your network from anywhere with the fun to use Tenda Wi fi app and access helpful tools like our parent friendly Wi Fi timeout feature
Four omnidirectional antennas can help you deliver the signals to a wide area with consistency. Not only that, but four LAN ports can be used to connect your PC with the router with ease.
Users can also use the Tenda mobile app to control the router as per their preferences and customize it as they want. Users can also get the comfort of mind because of the best security protocols added to this router. For physical comfort, you will have to get your hands on these premium gaming chairs that can offer you the best comfort! This can also be the best router on a budget as you can get it under $50, which is pretty awesome.
- It comes with a 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band
- Total speed up to 1200 Mbps
- Supports 20 devices at a time
- LAN Ports available
- Omni-directional antennas
- Secured and safe
- Fully compatible
- Easy accessible and manageable
- The lower number of LAN ports
- Should support more than 20 devices at a time
Asus RT-ACRH13 is a perfect and best high-speed modem router as it comes with a speed of 1300 Mbps. This router supports dual bands, whether it is 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz. So you can connect with any of them without any concerns or significant problems.
- Dual band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
- 4 external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi Fi range and multi device performance; Connected devices must be 802.11ac compatible for best results
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router App
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface, Super Fast Wi Fi: Dual band 802.11ac Wi Fi with concurrent speeds up to 867Mbps (5GHz) and 400Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Integrated USB 3.0 port allows you to share external drives/flash drives with your network; OS Support Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Mac OS X 10.1, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8; Operation mode Wireless router mode, Access point mode
The router also comes with four external antennas to cover your whole area efficiently. You can play, stream, download, or upload with a flawless connection and lag-free gaming experience. The best thing is that this router also comes with the USB 3.0 port along with the LAN ports so that you can connect multiple devices with it.
The overall look of the router is also pretty amazing because of the unique colored design. Other than that, it is a fully complete package for users looking for an excellent internet router with high speeds.
- 5 GHz band available
- 1300 Mbps speed
- USB Port available
- Great security
- LAN Ports integrated
- Gaming design
- Four antennas for a wide range
- No support for older gen operating systems
- Only 1 USB port
TP-Link AC1200 offers a 1200 Mbps connection along with dual bands to its users. Users can speed up to 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 900 Mbps speed on the 5 GHz band. This much speed can quickly reduce the buffering and loading of your videos drastically, and you can enjoy a high-speed connection without problems.
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz ; 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- MU-MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- AP mode, can be switched to access point mode to share your internet wirelessly
- Supports guest WiFi and parental control, an ideal wireless router for home
The router also comes with four antennas to offer the most fantastic range to the users. There are four LAN ports available at the back of the router to connect it to your PC. But your PC’s motherboard should also have a LAN port to connect it. If not, you can check out these great gaming motherboards that offer all the essential features to their users.
You can combine many multiple devices to the router, and there won’t be any connectivity problems. The router’s security is also excellent, and you can always have peace of mind due to it. So if you are actually looking for the best router for streaming, gaming, or anything else, this can be your pick!
- 1200 Mbps speed
- Four antennas
- Long coverage
- Easy setup
- Premium security
- Flawless streams
- Best for lag-free gaming
- No USB Ports
- Not the latest WiFi tech
Which one should you pick? The editor’s choice!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- How can I increase my WiFi range?
A- By getting any of the routers mentioned above, or buy a WiFi extender!
Q2- Which is the faster, wired, or wireless connection?
A- Wired connections are usually faster. But with the routers like above, you won’t feel the difference!
Q3- Can a better router increase the internet speed?
A- It can help you deliver the exact speed with flawless connectivity; other than that, it depends on the speed of connection you have purchased.
Q4- Is 500 Mbps good for gaming?
A- Even 50 Mbps is excellent for gaming until or unless the pings and latencies are stable.
Q5- Do routers make a difference in gaming?
A- They indeed do. Good routers can decrease the pings, disconnections, and latencies by a lot and offer you a stable connection.
Good WiFi routers might seem expensive and all, but it is only a one-time investment to get a stable connection for a long time. You would see the difference between a standard router and the ones we have discussed. Don’t hesitate to spend on a router and choose the one that can fulfill your needs, and you will surely and unquestionably not regret your decision.